Coaching is now considered to be a core leadership competency, but many leaders and managers have not yet developed a working understanding or skills to coach effectively.
This 2-day coach training program is designed to develop skills in Leader as Coach effectiveness. It offers a perfect opportunity for leaders and managers, Human Resource and Organization Development professionals, and training and development specialists to learn or enhance solid coaching skills and establish sound coaching habits.
This award-winning coach training program supports individual and organizational success and the establishment and cultivation of a culture that supports employee capacity for communicating effectively, managing work groups, solving problems and making effective decisions.
Positive Change: Leader as Coach is the course of choice for leaders looking to attract and retain the best people and support groups and teams in the pursuit of high performance productivity. It is an interactive experience that presents a powerful combination of tools, techniques and theory, is available as a customized program for client organizations and is also presented as a public offering.
What is unique about the Adler School of Professional Coaching?
Adler takes the lead in providing coach training that is grounded in theory, informed by research, and is at the forefront of defining professionalism in coaching. Our ICF accredited coach training program has roots in the time-tested theories of Alfred Adler, and provides a guide for helping people bring their choices and actions more in line with their unique “best self.” Adler’s program has a particular focus on coaching in the context of work.
Adler has been distinguished many times, both locally and globally, through the prestigious PRISM Award, presented by the International Coach Federation for outstanding organizational development through coaching.
What is the Focus of Positive Change: Leader as Coach?
- The role of the leader/manager as coach and the nature of the coaching mindset
- Building the leader’s skills and coaching capabilities and capacity
- The use of tools and techniques that support the coaching relationship and processes
- Managing multiple roles while supporting effective coaching relationships
The Skill of Coaching:
Although coaching proficiency is an essential skill for today’s leaders, few leaders feel confident in their coaching skills. They often have only a vague grasp of what effective coaching really is and of the tremendous effects that skilled coaching can have on individuals or work groups. When coaching is ineffective, or even avoided, opportunities to maximize individual and organizational potential are lost. It’s like a slow leak of your most valuable assets. Closing the gap in coaching proficiency can have a positive impact on productivity and the bottom line.
Course Format & Content:
This two-day workshop with two one-hour follow-up teleclasses is available as a public program, and can also be customized to reflect the unique needs of client organizations. It provides a conceptual framework, a focus on skills, and practice in using the skills and concepts. Participants will engage in:
- Development of the disciplines of a structured coaching conversation to uncover the goals, needs and roadblocks of the person being coached
- Promotion of a greater understanding of what the coachee needs and enhanced opportunity to provide support and accountability
- Incorporation of coaching skills and behaviors that support different kinds of interactions (e.g. coaching for development; tackling challenges; improved performance and communication, etc.)
- Opportunities to identify specific applications back on the job and creation of a personal plan for their implementation
This integrated learning experience offers the following benefits:
- A powerful coaching model that enhances understanding of what coaching is and offers methods to improve coaching skills and capacity
- Techniques to identify what is important to others in order to boost motivation and increase commitment to action
- Increased ability to communicate effectively and build better relationships with team members and business colleagues
- Enhanced ability to influence others in positive ways
- Tools and techniques that address resistance to change
For current schedule & tuition Contact Us or Register Now Cost includes 2-day workshop; all course materials including a wide variety of tools templates and resources to use with teams; ongoing support following the program’s completion. Please see our Schedule/Registration Page for details.
For more information: Contact us at 602-493-1886 or email@example.com